Final determination of tree planting locations is subject to approval by Bureau of Street Services, Urban Forestry Division (BSS/UFD). Urban Forestry Division accepts no responsibility for any purchasing and/or delivery arrangements and shall reject any trees failing to meet the specifications set forth in the Urban Tree Foundation's Guidelines Specifications for Nursery Tree Quality.
- Contractor is responsible for all permit requirements or fees.
- Contractor shall provide plans identifying all existing and proposed tree locations to BSS/UFD upon request.
- Contractor shall contact Urban Forestry Division (213) 847-3077 at least five (5)
working days prior to:
- sidewalk construction/concrete pouring for inspection, marking, and verification of tree planting locations, and
- tree delivery to schedule with the BSS/UFD inspector for tree inspection and tagging. No tree shall be planted without first being inspected and accepted (tagged) by the BSS/UFD inspector.
- Contractor shall verify that the delivered trees are the proper species as approved by BSS/UFD.
- Contractor shall ensure all street trees meet the criteria of good quality tree stock set forth by the Urban Tree Foundation's for nursery tree quality.