Geocoding is a geographic marker placed within Navigate LA. This step should be completed as soon as possible during City staff’s review process to assist with identifying design conflicts.
- Click on Geocode / View Location(s) / NEW on the left menu
- Select “Search”
- Enter the project location on the left
- Select the project location
- Select Add Point, Add Polyline or Add Polygon. This is based on the size/length of the project, you would use either a point, polyline, polygon to reflect the limits of the project.
- Points – Used for very small project footprints (Most Permits)
- Polyline – Linear depiction of the project
- Polygon – Used to show a large area of a project
If you make a mistake when adding a point, polyline or polygon, double click the mark and select delete from the popup prompt.
For Excavation U-Permits, Geocoding is part of the new Permit Cuts software that also calculates SDRF.