Note: BOE created the Customer Service Request (CSR) Portal (located in the Customer Portal) to allow members of the public to make contact with City Staff for questions and/or assistance on any permit or development services related matter. This includes requesting clearances for building permits..
The following is the process of updating Bicycle Parking clearance status on the Clearance Summary Worksheet. This process is done through the LA Department of Building and Safety's (LADBS) Plan Check and Inspection System (PCIS) under the module called "Clearances".
BOE staff should verify the following:
- Applicant to provide BOE staff with a plan of the proposed bicycle parking and confirm the following:
- Bicycle parking is in the public right of way
- Minimum Pedestrian Access Route (PAR): A Pedestrian Access Route with a width of at least 5-feet shall be provided clear of obstructions.
- Confirm BOE Standard Plan S-671-2 - Bicycle Racks is called out on the plans
- If Standard Plan S-671-2 - Bicycle Racks is not used, Applicant will be required to obtain a BOE Revocable Permit
- Login to PCIS and complete the following:
- Click the "Clearance" module button
- Enter the Application number in the "Application #" field
- Click the "Agency Specific Search" button
- Confirm Bicycle Parking is listed in the Condition / Clearance Name field
- Click the "Comment" box in the upper right side on the screen
- Sample Comment 1 - Bicycle Racks are standard per plans. Applicant is required to obtain a Covenant and Agreement for maintenance from LADOT. Applicant will be required to obtain an A-Permit for the installation and inspection of the bicycle rack.
- Sample Comment 2 - Bicycle Racks are non-standard per plans and will required the Applicant to obtain a Revocable Permit. Applicant is required to obtain a Covenant and Agreement for maintenance from LADOT. Applicant will be required to obtain an A-Permit for the installation and inspection of the bicycle rack.
- Change status to one of the following based on the description of work proposed:
- Pending - Used when Bicycle rack is per the Standard Plan, but the Applicant's plans do not reference the Standard Plan
- Denied - Not used
- Approved - Not used
- Approved with Conditions - Used when the Bicycle racks are per Standard Plan S-671-2 and Applicant will be required to obtain an A-Permit. Also used when Applicant applies for a Revocable permit because the bicycle racks are non-standard (this will also trigger an LADOT Clearance Item)
- Approved for Drainage - Not used
- Exempt - Not used
- Not Required - Not used
- Click "Save Status" (if this is not clicked, the worksheet will not save)