The following is the process of Sewer Clearance on a Building Permit for Certificate of Occupancy (CofO). This process is done through the LA Department of Building and Safety's (LADBS) Plan Check and Inspection System (PCIS) under the module called Automated Certificate of Occupancy System (ACOS).
- BOE staff to verify if any SFCs were paid through the on-line BOE Sewer Permit application system or through NavigateLA under the "Sewer Information" layer (open all electronic SFC certificates associated with the property by double-clicking on the SFC geocode icons). This is done regardless of whether or not an Sewer Permit (S-Permit) is issued.
- Verify if S-Permit was required prior to the clearance of the CofO. Check the Sewer Availability clearance in PCIS for any requirements of a new/reconnection permit.
- New Connection
- BOE staff to verify if a Sewer Permit was issued through the on-line BOE Sewer Permit application system
- BOE staff to verify that BCA and/or LADBS cleared or approved the S-Permit through the on-line BOE Sewer Permit application system
- If approved, the inspector will have inputted the date, his/her name and comments, including location and depth at the property line.
- If there is no approval shown and the Applicant states approval was provided, call the appropriate BCA office confirm the details of the permit.
- BOE staff to confirm if the house connection is hooked up or capped. If capped, BOE staff may have to confirm if a potential second permit was issued for record of connection (LADBS Inspection) and if LADBS cleared/approved the permit.
- Reconnection at Property Line
- BOE staff to verify the LADBS Plumbing Inspector has approved and signed the Plumbing Permit prior to issuing S Permit requiring LADBS inspection
- BOE staff to verify in the on-line Sewer Permit application system the permit was cleared or approved by LADBS and/or BCA
- If approved, the inspector will have inputted the date, his/her name and comments, including location and depth at the property line
- New Connection
PCIS ACOS PROCESSING
BOE staff should follow the process documented in the Overview section under 3-Overview - Automated Certificate of Occupancy System ACOS and Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (TACOS) to process the clearance.